Stuck Button effect in Excel

  1. #1
    JohnB
    Guest

    Stuck Button effect in Excel

    I have a problem on a Laptop, the effect is similar to that of the left
    button being stuck down although checking the trackpad this seems to be OK.
    When the spreadsheet is opened a left click anywhere locks the range to the
    cell clicked in and moving the pointer picks up the range of cells, Escape is
    ignored, F8 is ignored and tapping shift keys has no effect. If I pull down
    to the task bar the cursor changes and I can Right click to close Excel
    athough I have to reboot to remove the problem which can then recurr at a
    future time. I've tried running Repair and using a USB mouse instead of the
    trackpad but once the problem has occurred only a reboot will remove it. Any
    ideas?

    THANKS

    --
    John Franks

  2. #2

    Re: Stuck Button effect in Excel

    None whatsoever.

    You may want to include the make and model of your laptop. Maybe someone will
    recognize the problem.

    In fact, lots of pc manufacturer's have their own discussion groups--some even
    "support communities" within their site.

    I know I can see lots of discussions (some even on topic!) at
    alt.sys.pc-clone.dell newsgroup.