Excel File Association not working

  1. #1
    Sandy M
    Guest

    Excel File Association not working

    Hi,

    One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on
    it any
    longer.

    If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it.

    I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists
    Excel
    as the program to use to open .xls.

    I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help.

    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

    Thanks,

    Sandy M

  2. #2

    Re: Excel File Association not working

    Sometimes one of these works for similar problems.

    Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

    Close Excel and
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /unregserver
    then