How does a cell automatically highlight itself after entering numb

  1. #1
    Janet
    Guest

    How does a cell automatically highlight itself after entering numb

    Our office cannot figure out how! We've tried everything.
    Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: How does a cell automatically highlight itself after entering numb

    Hi Janet,

    See Debra Dalgleish's Conditional Formatting tutorial at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George
    Guest

    Re: How does a cell automatically highlight itself after enteringnumb

    Most likely using Conditional Formatting under the Format Menu
    Read the Excel Help

    Enter this conditional format for cell A1 & copy

    Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula is" and enter the following in
    the reference section. (either 1 should work)
    =NOT(ISBLANK(A1))
    or
    =A1<>""

    Then select what format you want when data is entered eg. Fonts ,
    Patterns, Borders etc.

    George