insert or delete rows across multiple worksheets?

  1. #1
    BobW
    Guest

    insert or delete rows across multiple worksheets?

    How can I program an Excel workbook so that:

    1) Column A of worksheet1 is always exactly replicated in the Column A's of
    all other worksheets (Column A of worksheet 1 acts as the 'master' so that if
    I change any data in any cell in column A of Sheet 1, that change immediately
    replicates through all the column As on all other worksheets).

    2) If i add or delete a row while I'm in column A of worksheet 1, that row
    is added or deleted on every other worksheet.

    Example: Company personnel workbook:

    Sheet 1, columns A, B C list employee names, phone #s, and hire dates.
    Sheet 2, columns A, B C list employee names, birthdays, and ID numbers.
    Sheet 3, columns A, B C list employee names, room #s and fax #s.

    Desired action:
    Fix a typo in an employee's name on Sheet 1 Col. A, and the typo is fixed on
    all 3 sheets.
    Insert a new row in sheet 1, col. A for a newly hired employee, and a new
    row appears in all 3 sheets.
    Delete an employee (row) in sheet 1, and that employee and all his info
    disappears from all 3 sheets.

    Sounds simple; help greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: insert or delete rows across multiple worksheets?

    Hi BobW. If you don't want to link all the sheets to Sheet 1 using paste
    link, you can select all the sheets before making the change to Sheet 1 and
    it will change all the other sheets.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin