How do i save all open files in excel at once?

  1. #1
    ved_rocker
    Guest

    How do i save all open files in excel at once?

    Word has an option whereby you can save all the files that are open. This
    saves considerable time in saving huge amt of related files that are open. Do
    we have any such option with Excel?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: How do i save all open files in excel at once?

    Just close Excel. If any workbooks have unsaved changes Excel will ask if
    you want to save changes to one of them. One option in that dialog is "Yes
    to All".

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George
    Guest

    Re: How do i save all open files in excel at once?

    I don't think there is.
    It kind of goes against the design since you can save multiple sheets in
    a single workbook. While word can only work with single documents.

    Wouldn't be hard to write a little VBA routine and save it in your
    personal workbook then use either a shortcut or toolbar to run it.

    Sub SaveAll()
    Dim w As Workbook
    On Error Resume Next 'ignore any errors (for the moment)
    For Each w In Workbooks
    w.Save
    Next
    End Sub

    I would probably add some better error checking, but for now any errors
    caused by saving would just be ignored (eg. disk full)

    George