Specific cell selected when sheet opens...how???

  1. #1
    Ron M.
    Guest

    Specific cell selected when sheet opens...how???

    I want a specific cell to be selected when a worksheet is opened, so
    the user can go right to work without having to find that cell, select
    it, etc. I searched the newsgroup but can't find any articles on how
    to do this. Can somebody help?

    Thanks,
    Ron M.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Specific cell selected when sheet opens...how???

    You need a VBA procedure to do this. In the ThisWorkbook code
    module, enter

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    ' change the sheet and cell reference as desired
    Application.Goto Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B2"), True

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Specific cell selected when sheet opens...how???

    Hi Ron

    Something like the following code copied into the This Workbook module,
    would take the user to cell G10 of Sheet on opening the file

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G10").Select
    End Sub

    Amend to suit the starting location you want.
    To copy the code in, Right click on any tab in the Workbook and choose
    View Code, to bring up the VB Editor.
    If the Project Explore is not visible, press Ctrl+R to bring it up.
    Locate your Workbook in the Explorer, and double click on the
    ThisWorkbook module.
    Copy the Code above and Paste into the Code pane (Press F7 to bring it
    up, if not visible)
    Press the Excel icon at top left to return to your sheet.
    Save the file.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4
    Ron M.
    Guest

    Re: Specific cell selected when sheet opens...how???

    I know how to enter the code, I just didn't know what the code was.

    You guys should get medals! Thanks!

    Ron M.