create total from 4 seperate worksheets

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Harvey
    Guest

    create total from 4 seperate worksheets

    I have a file that contains up to 5 sheets, I need to total a cell from each
    sheet and enter into a colomn on last sheet. What formula do I use? Is this
    possible?

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: create total from 4 seperate worksheets

    You just have to reference the sheet and the cell in the sheet. See sample
    formula below:

    =Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!B1+Sheet4!A1
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3

    Re: create total from 4 seperate worksheets

    Are your totals always in the same cells in each worksheet. I like to put my
    totals in Row 1--so I know where they are.

    And then...

    I'd create two new worksheets--one to the far right and one to the far left.

    Call them Start and End

    Then using a sheet (Summary) that is outside this "sandwich" of worksheets:

    =Sum(start:end!A1)

    Then you can drag sheets in and out of that sandwich to play what if games.

    I'd put a couple of notes on each of these sheets:

    "don't delete this sheet!"

    And protect the worksheets so that people don't use it for real data.