SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

  1. #1
    Ricki Miles
    Guest

    SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

    I am working in Excel 2003. I have two columns of numbers (ID numbers for
    employees of 6 digits each). If a number appears in column A (there are no
    duplicates of this number in column A), the number must NOT appear in column
    B. Is there any way, besides VBA, to check if a number appearing in column
    A is also listed in Column B?

    Thanks,

    Ricki

  2. #2
    Narianna
    Guest

    RE: SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

    Hey *smiles* Hope this helps...
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...289521033.aspx Good luck!

  3. #3
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

    Hi Ricki,

    Put this formula in C1 and fill down. The cells will be blank or have a
    number in them. These are duplicates.

    =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5,B1)>0,B1,"")

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ricki Miles
    Guest

    Re: SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

    Thanks for the information.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ricki Miles
    Guest

    Re: SEeing if a number in one column is in another column

    It worked perfectly. Thanks again.

    news:[email protected]...