What is the simplest way

  1. #1
    WA

    What is the simplest way

    to have a cell that has a value of zero just be blank instead of showing the 0

  2. #2
    probably not the quickest way...but if my sheet has no background colour (i.e - its white), I just apply a conditional format to colour the font white if its equal to zero, then paint the format wherever you want it. Does the trick for me.

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: What is the simplest way

    Hi

    =IF(YourFormula=0,"",YourFormula)

    Arvi Laanemets

    "famdamly" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: What is the simplest way

    Try the following in order to make all zeros show blank.

    Click on Tools - Options
    Select the View tab
    Deselect the Zero values option
    Click on OK

  5. #5
    George
    Guest

    Re: What is the simplest way

    Change the cells number format
    Format > Cells > Number
    Then select custom

    It has 4 sections separated by semi-colon
    Positive;negative;zero;text
    so for eg.
    "0.00";[RED]-"0.00";""
    Positives: 2 decimal places
    Negatives: 2 decimal places in red
    Zero : is blank

    Although i prefer to use the dash
    "0.00";[RED]-"0.00";"-"
    The dash is less intrusive but still lets you know the cell has a value
    and is not blank

    George