HELP - Linking Information

  1. #1
    Abnerz
    Guest

    HELP - Linking Information

    I'm trying to link info from one tab to another. Here we go again. I hope I
    am clear with the example:

    Sheet 1: Column A Column B Column C
    Building 1 $1,000 Blue
    Building 2 $2,000 Red

    Sheet 2: would be linked to sheet 1 and would look like this:

    Column A Column B
    Building 1 $1,000
    Building 1 Blue
    Building 2 $2,000
    Building 2 Red

    I have about 500 lines and to manually do each row would take time. If it
    can't be done, let me know so that I can move on.

    THANKS

  2. #2

    Re: HELP - Linking Information

    I don't think I'd use formulas, but what about some manual work?

    Copy sheet1 to sheet2 (A1:Cxxx)
    Now copy that data right under the bottom of the data you just pasted.
    Yep, you have duplicates.

    In the top half, delete the junk in C1:Cxxx
    (just select it and hit the delete key)

    In the bottom half, select bxxx+1:to the bottom
    Edit|Delete|shift to left

    Now select A:B and sort by column A.

  3. #3
    Abnerz
    Guest

    RE: HELP - Linking Information

    I didn't even think about it that way - That would do the trick - Thanks for
    your help!!