***Please Help ***

  1. #1
    Jonesy
    Guest

    ***Please Help ***

    Just changed jobs and have now gone back to more of an IT based job.

    Anyway approx 10 years since I opened some of my files in Word and Excel and
    low and behold some of them are password protected.

    Obviously I have all the files on discs but am unable to access them.

    Is there a way around this?

    If there is how do you do it?

    Any help would be greatfully appreciated as some of the calculations done
    previously in excel were done over a couple of weeks not just hours.

    Thanks in advance

    Jonesy

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: ***Please Help ***

    The password protection of Office documents are not as secure as one would
    think and there are a number of utilities available that will crack Office
    passwords. Some are share ware, others have to be purchased. Google
    "Password Recovery" and peruse the pages that come back, I'm sure you'll find
    something that will work.
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: ***Please Help ***

    http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

    if they are on workbook or worksheet level

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    **Gail**
    Guest

    Re: ***Please Help ***

    Are you looking for Windows Password cracking (set when Save As) for opening the
    files or for Workbook/Worksheet protection for manipulating the data of the
    file?

    :

  5. #5
    Jonesy
    Guest

    Re: ***Please Help ***

    Yes

    I set passwords on several files a few years back through the save as option
    but cannot remember them.

    Do you know of a way around this. The other guys gave me some advise but
    without going out and paying for some software was unable to unlock files.

    Any help would be appreciated

  6. #6
    Jonesy
    Guest

    RE: ***Please Help ***

    Went thru several pages but unable to find anything for free.

    Do you know of any???

  7. #7
    Jonesy
    Guest

    Re: ***Please Help ***

    The files were password protected at the save as option password to open files.

    Still unable to unlock the files.

  8. #8
    Cacique
    Guest