How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in cell?

  1. #1
    Pheasant Plucker®
    Guest

    How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in cell?

    Hello again,

    I have received some great advice from this ng in the past and so am
    throwing this one open to those of you who may be able to help me some more?

    I have a spreadsheet made up of 5 worksheets and I would like to insert a
    line of text on the worksheet called Percentages if a specific condition is
    met on another worksheet called Other.

    For example on Other I currently have a Data Validation box in F34 where I
    can choose Y or N and depending upon the result enters in the adjacent cell
    a 1 or leaves it blank.
    That current formula is =IF(E34="Y",1,"")

    Instead of the above formula - but still if E34=Y - I would like to insert a
    line of text 'Training Issue' into the Percentages worksheet at say I41
    which is currently a blank cell (ideally I would like to insert this text
    between two rows which are already populated but this might impact upon a
    result in one of those cells that is read by another formula)

    Is this even possible?

    --
    Thanks in advance & regards,
    -pp-

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in cel

    You could write a macro that is triggered when an up date occurs in the
    worksheet cell F34 is in that evaluates that cell and acts accordingly. The
    macro would be placed in the worksheet module, using the Change event for
    that sheet.

    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Pheasant Plucker®
    Guest

    Re: How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in cel

    Thanks for the quick reply Kevin,

    So it is possible then...

    As I know little (nothing?:-) about Macros in Excel is there a resource or
    anywhere that would give an idiots guide to this approach please?

    Thanks & regards,
    -=pp=-

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Kevin B
    Guest

    Re: How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in

    There are a number of books out there that are extremely useful, but if
    you're a novice I can recommend from experience the Excel 2000 Visual Basice
    for Applications Fundamentals by Reed Jacobson, and the Excel 2003
    Programming, Inside Out Series. Both titles are published by Microsoft Press
    and I've used them to teach classes to novices over the years. Both come
    with CD's and each chapter is a stand-alone lesson, so you're not forced to
    finish one chapter before being able to move to the next.

    I'm not getting a kickback from MS by the way, I've just found these books
    to be excellent teaching tools.

    The following URL is an site with quite a bit of useful information and
    links to other resources as well:

    http://kayodeok.users.btopenworld.co...fficeexcel.htm

    Best of luck...
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  5. #5
    Pheasant Plucker®
    Guest

    Re: How to insert line on other worksheet depending upon result in

    Hi Kevin,

    Thanks for the reply and the heads-up.

    I will take a look-see.

    Thanks & regards,