Column Widths

  1. #1
    Big Rick
    Guest

    Column Widths

    Hello Folks
    When I create a new worksheet my my ExcelXP works computer and extend the
    column widt to 100 pixels, this will equate to size 13.57. If I were to open
    this on my Excel2003 home computer, this will stay the same.
    If however, I start a new worksheet on my home computer a 100 pixel column
    is only approx 11.50 in size.
    All row sizes stay constant.
    Please can some explain why this is so.

    Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
    Thanking you in anticipation
    --
    Big Rick

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Column Widths

    I'd guess the two machines have a different default font name or size under
    Excel's Tools, Options, General. If not that then perhaps a different DPI
    setting under Windows, Display Properties, Settings, Advanced.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Big Rick
    Guest

    Re: Column Widths

    Thanks for the reply.
    I will try this when I get home and let you know.
    --
    Big Rick