How do I make a Validation List in Excel, using data on a second

  1. #1
    Driver
    Guest

    How do I make a Validation List in Excel, using data on a second

    I am making up an order form up with product codes and would like to ad in a
    Validation List in Excel, using data on a second sheet, just can not get it
    to look at another sheet in the work book?
    and on the form can I ask it to only offer codes that match a selected
    product discrioption which is on a validation list on the sceond sheet ??
    Any help would be most greatful
    Regards

  2. #2
    Peter Rooney
    Guest

    RE: How do I make a Validation List in Excel, using data on a second

    Hi, Driver!

    The best way is to give a name to the range of cells containg your list.
    Select the range of cells, then type the name (e.g. MyList) you want to give
    it in the name field, which normally shows the cell address as you move
    around the worksheet.
    Then, select the cells that you want to pick up the validation list and
    click Data Validation.
    In the "Allow" dropdown, select "List" then in "Source", type in an equals
    sign, followed by your name e.g. =MyList and click OK

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Colin
    Guest

    RE: How do I make a Validation List in Excel, using data on a seco

    Thnak you it works fine Pete
    Regards Colin