Need some math help

  1. #1
    Mike K
    Guest

    Need some math help

    Oh Wise Ones,

    I took these values from a large matrix(660 values). I would like to find
    the formula to eleminate the matrix for obvious reasons. I have chosen some
    round numbers from one of the axis and wondered how I can derive a formula
    from these values. I can measure for X, but I need to find a Y value.

    X= (((C5-C4*0.997)/((C5-C6)-(C4/2.7))))

    X= 3 digits
    Y= 1 digits

    X Y
    1.100=16.0
    1.200=26.2
    1.300=35.5
    1.400=44.2
    1.500=52.2
    1.600=59.8
    1.700=66.8

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Need some math help

    Your data is reasonably linear. Using Solver I got:

    y=84.39266744*x - 75.1925884

    --
    Gary''s Student