How do I convert a time to text format.

  1. #1
    Rick
    Guest

    How do I convert a time to text format.

    I want to get a list of times into another database program. But the time
    formatting is getting messed up. For example. A time of 0:31:10 when
    imported into the other program becomes 0.021643519. How do I convert the
    time into a text format that can be exported?

  2. #2

    Re: How do I convert a time to text format.

    How are you importing the data?

    If you're writing your own program to extract the values, you may want to write
    that field using .text (not .value).

    Or if that other database program can have formatted fields, maybe just
    formatting it as time would solve the problem.

  3. #3
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert a time to text format.

    Perhaps you could use another column with this formula:
    =TEXT(B19,"h:mm:ss")

    --
    Kevin Vaughn

  4. #4
    dlw
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert a time to text format.

    excel uses a serial number format for times (makes calculations easier) you
    have to convert it using: =text(a1,"hh:mm:ss")

  5. #5
    Rick
    Guest

    RE: How do I convert a time to text format.

    The command text(a1,"h:mm:ss") worked. Thanks.