Conditional Formatting - formats cells with no data

  1. #1
    mikey
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting - formats cells with no data

    I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I
    force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met.
    Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also
    highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional
    formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For
    some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they
    don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy
    when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't
    care what the formula is behind the scenes? All the cells in question
    are foratted as "accounting"

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - formats cells with no data

    Rather than "IF cell > 0" in your formula, you could try
    "IF(NOT(ISBLANK(cell)))" then choose the conditional format.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting - formats cells with no data

    There are a number of ways that you could attack this, testing for "",
    rounding to 2 or 0 decimal places, but it is probably best if you show the
    formula that populates the cell first.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...