Invoice Summary

  1. #1
    Rob #4
    Guest

    Invoice Summary

    InI am trying to creating a summary of invoices that I have in a worksheet
    "IX INvoice Data" this is what my sheet looks like

    Column A B C D E F
    Date Invoice # Description Qty Rate Total

    I have multiple invoices in the worksheet and I would like to sort this data
    by the description in order to compare the rates. I will be entering more
    invoices in the future and would like to avoid having to keep manullay
    resorting and reformatting this data that I have been summarizing on sheet 2
    "Inovice Summary". On the summary sheet the only data I need to see is the
    Description, Qty, Rate and Total.
    Also If possible I would like a way to subtotal each sorted decription
    groups qty. Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: Invoice Summary

    First, I'd try to keep all my data in one location.

    Maybe you could apply data|filter|autofilter to see the rows you want.

    And you could sort the data and use data|subtotals to see subtotals.

    And maybe you could just hide the columns (or data|group) to hide/show the
    columns you want.