Shading a range of cells

  1. #1
    Slovenc0417 via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Shading a range of cells

    I would like to automatically shade a range of cells a certain color based on
    data entered into a cell withing that range.

    For example, I have a row in which I am entering data, "community name", "lot
    number", "buyer name" and weather or not the contract is based on a
    "contingency". If the answer is "yes", I want the row to automatically
    highlight to red. If the answer is "no", then I want it to highlight to
    "green".

    I have done this once, but for the life of me, I can not rememer how.

    Thanks for any help.

    Rob

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Shading a range of cells

    check out <format><conditional format>
    use fomula is referencing the cell of interest