auto complete not working

  1. #1
    Sarah
    Guest

    auto complete not working

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    I have Enable Autocomplete for cell values checked in Options/Edit. If I am
    entering in the next blank row in the column that has the text it auto
    completes. If i skip a row or go to another column it does not do the auto
    complete. Doesn't it look at the entire worksheet when it auto completes?

    Thanks,

    Sarah

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: auto complete not working

    Hi!

    >Doesn't it look at the entire worksheet when it auto completes?

    No. As you've experienced, it only works on contiguous ranges.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: auto complete not working

    You are right.To add to that

    Autocomplete works only on rows and not on columns
    Autofilter alos does not work on balnks
    For example,when you have values from a1:a10 and then
    form a150:a200,when you use autofilter, the values from
    a1:a10 is only displayed
    Also,you cannot cut and paste data in autofilter mode

    For more queries and answers visit
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/answers-for-everything

  4. #4

    Re: auto complete not working

    If you selected A1:A200, then applied data|filter|autofilter, you'd see all the
    items in A1:A200--no matter if you had blanks or not.

    But if you leave the range to filter up to excel, it'll guess that your data
    stops when it sees that blank row. (I never let excel guess at those kinds of
    ranges.)