Can Excel remember where you were in the spreadsheet?

  1. #1
    Phil
    Guest

    Can Excel remember where you were in the spreadsheet?

    Hello,

    I have a spreadsheet that has grown from <500 rows to more than 3500. What
    I'd like to know is if there is a way to have it so that Excel can remember
    from where you were earlier in the session. Alot of times, I have to bounce
    around so many different areas on the spreadsheet, and sometimes it would be
    nice if I could just click "back" or "forward", similarly to when browsing on
    the web, because I can't remember where I just was during the editing/input
    session.

    Is this possible?

    Thanks.

    Phil.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel remember where you were in the spreadsheet?

    Phil

    There is no built in functionality, it could be done with code and the
    worksheet_selectionChange event but it would need to be restricted to the
    number of levels, the addresses could be stored on a hidden sheet, but may
    be a bit ugly in implementation.

    Certainly possible, but not simply

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Phil
    Guest

    Re: Can Excel remember where you were in the spreadsheet?

    Nick,

    That figures. Oh well, you'd think by now Microsoft could've seen some
    benefit to addressing this problem, as I'd bet I'm not the only one who'd
    want something like this.

    Thanks for your reply anyway.