Formatting a workbook with dates

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    Formatting a workbook with dates

    I have a workbook with five worksheets representing the days of the week
    (M-F). I want to able to enter the date on the first worksheet (Monday) and
    have the correct following date be automatically inserted onto each following
    worksheet for that week.
    --
    Lee Davenport

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Formatting a workbook with dates

    You can use a formula

    =IF(A1="","",A1+1)

    where A1 holds the 1st date, the formula will add 1 to the date
    if you set it up nicely you should just be able copy the formula across/down
    and it will
    increment by one, otherwise you can copy a cell using right click mouse and
    when you release it you'll be prompted to select for instance weekdays, it's
    not automatic but easy and fast

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com