after inserting a disc into the computer, what do I for Excel

  1. #1
    Need help on Excel
    Guest

    after inserting a disc into the computer, what do I for Excel

    I can not remember what to do after inserting a floppy disc into my machine
    to pull up my information which is on excel

    Please advise

    [email protected]

  2. #2

    A long way to go...

    Please don't take this the wrong way, but you might want to try a computing forum, rather than Excel. I'll do my best to help just the same.

    I'm working under the assumption that Excel is installed on your machine. If so, just browse to the file on your disk and double click. Excel will open the file automatically. If you've done that and it's not working, it's highly probably that you don't have the software installed on your home PC.

    I'll try to help, but please try to provide a little more detail regarding any errors etc. that you're getting. It's rather difficult to troubleshoot in the dark.

  3. #3
    JudithJubilee
    Guest

    RE: after inserting a disc into the computer, what do I for Excel

    Hello BTBRAFFET,

    You need to go to File + Open.
    This will force a dialog box to open.
    Choose the dropdown arrow next to Look in at the top.
    When the list appears choose 3 1/2 floopy disc. The files you have saved
    onto the disc should now appear.
    Double click on the file wanted - this will open it it Excel.

    You should really save all files to your computer as well as on a disc as
    discs can get lost of damaged.

    To do this open the file as I said above and then:
    Choose File + Save As
    This will force a dialog box to open.
    Type a new file name down the bottom and choose where to save it from the
    list at the top.

    If you need any more help with saving to another location please post agin

    Hope this helps

    Judith