Fill in data if

  1. #1
    PaolaAndrea
    Guest

    Fill in data if

    Good Morning everyone:

    I have a column with a model number in one sheet and in another sheet I have
    the same model number with the prices on it.

    Is there a formula where I can tell the excel that If A in worksheet 1 = A
    in worksheet 2 then B of worksheet 1 = b of worksheet 2.

    Please help.

    Sincerely,

    PaolaAndrea

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Fill in data if

    The function you're looking for is called VLOOKUP. Assuming on sheet2 your
    model numbers were in column A and prices in column B, and on Sheet1 your
    model numbers are in column A, then in B1 of sheet1, put this formula and
    copy down.........

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,false)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    PaolaAndrea
    Guest

    RE: Fill in data if

    My question was not clear enough. The model number are not in the same order
    and some may not be in one of the sheets.

    What I need is to have excel match the model number and then fill-in the
    price.

    for example:
    Column A Column B Column C Column D
    House House 100,000
    Car Flight 800
    Flight Car 90

    I want have the formula match A to C and then insert the appropriate price
    in D.

    Is that Possible?

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    Gracias.
    PaolaAndrea

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Fill in data if

    Using your sample data, the formula for B1 would be.....

    =VLOOKUP(A1,C:D,2,FALSE)

    This can be copied down column B for the other items in column A

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    PaolaAndrea
    Guest

    RE: Fill in data if

    That was it.

    Thank you so much.

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Fill in data if

    You're quite welcome.........happy to help.........and thanks for the feedback.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3