Pivot Table

  1. #1
    SJT
    Guest

    Pivot Table

    I am creating a pivot table with approximately five columns. One of the
    columns is called "margin". Another of the columns is "category". What is
    of importance to me is the avg. margin of each "category" not the total
    margin. Is there a means of calculating the average and including it in the
    pivot table and then creating a pivot chart? If not, how would you recommend
    I present the data so that I can chart the average monthly? "Month" is
    anothe of the columns. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

  3. #3
    SJT
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table

    Will try that. Thanks. Didn't know it was an option. Is it simply an option
    that appears in the pivot table wizard as you are setting up the pivot table?

  4. #4
    In the pivot table wizard, it is under "layout" in step 3. Double-click the field that you want to be average instead of sum and select average.