Pivot Table Error message

  1. #1
    Rich Mogy
    Guest

    Pivot Table Error message

    I have created a pivot table in an Excel workbook. When I open the work
    book, I can a message telling me that there are errors that Excel has
    repaired and to save the workbook. There is also a log file that is as
    follows:

    Microsoft Excel File Repair Log

    Errors were detected in file 'C:\projects\marketing requests.xls'
    The following is a list of repairs:

    Repairs were made to PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[marketing
    requests.xls]MarketingAnalysis'.

    but the message keeps happening each time I open the workbook, whether I
    choose to replace the cells or save it as a new workbook, or what else?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot Table Error message

    Lots of people have praised OpenOffice.org for saving their data and code.
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

    There are commercial recovery services. I've never used it, but you might want
    to check into:
    http://www.officerecovery.com

    And sometimes newer versions of excel can open files that older versions can't.
    (And sometimes just different versions may work, too!)