help with excel number string

  1. #1
    caloy
    Guest

    help with excel number string

    I have a string of numbers, 25 characters long which is in a cell. Iam
    looking to find a function/solution so that I can place each individual value
    within the string into individual cells.

    Ex.
    131112213111231111223311 - this string is in cell A1
    I want to distribute each number into individual cells (ex. B1 through AA1)
    --
    Caloyski

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: help with excel number string

    =MID($A$1;COLUMN(A1);1)

    Copy to the right

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: help with excel number string

    Hu

    Use Text To Columns feature - select Fixed Width, and divide the column into
    25 single-character columns (NB! you must have 24 free columns to right of
    column with data!)

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

  4. #4
    caloy
    Guest

    Re: help with excel number string