IF & AND function

  1. #1
    p2thi
    Guest

    IF & AND function

    Is it possible to use IF & AND function multiple time in one formula

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: IF & AND function

    If you post an example of what you are trying to do, I'm sure you'll get an
    answer that is more tailored to what you need.

    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: IF & AND function

    =IF(A1<5,"",IF(AND(A1>=5,A1<10),"A",IF(AND(A1>=10,A1<15),"B",IF(AND(A1>=15,A
    1<20),"C","D"))))

    would be an example.

    It would be useful to point out that this is a bad example as the evaluation
    of the IF function is progressive, so

    =if(A1<5,"",if(A1<10,"A",if(A1<15,"B",if(A1<20,"C","D"))))

    would be sufficient.

    Also, note that you can not nest IF function deeper than 7 levels.

    A work around is shown at Chip Pearson's site
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

    But usually, if this is a limitation, another method is more appropriate
    such as building a lookup table and using Vlookup.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...