Crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table not working

  1. #1
    Tiya
    Guest

    Crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table not working

    Hi
    When i crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table it's not
    working.

    I am useing Pivot Table to create data where i am useing Date,Party
    Name,Group,Wt.,Rate,Amt.

    In this Data i have given range name (database) with Dynamic Range
    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$5,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),6)

    But when i use Date in report i try to create Group of date in month or year
    or day and qty it says can't create a gorup?

    Any help how to crate group of date, with Dynamic Range?

    Thanks

    Tiya

  2. #2

    Re: Crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table not working

    Depending on what's in A1:A4, your range may be longer than you think.

    If you hit Edit|goto and type Database, what get's selected.

    I'd modify the formula to only look at $a$5:$65536:

    =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$5,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A5:$A65536),6)

  3. #3
    Tiya
    Guest

    Re: Crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table not wor

    Thanks Dave Peterson
    In Range A1:A4 i am usring Advance Filter criteria my data start from A5 i
    have modify formula but it's not working. it till says can't group that
    selection.

    If you say i can send example file?

    Thanks
    Tiya

  4. #4

    Re: Crate group of date, with Dynamic Range in pivot table not wor

    When I can't group a field, it's because it contains text or empty cells (or
    non-numeric data). When you selected that range, did you get what you expected?