edit task pane - open a doc

  1. #1
    Michael Redbourn
    Guest

    edit task pane - open a doc

    Hi,

    Vs 2002 - SP3

    I have some documents showing in the task pane under 'open a doc' that
    no longer exist.

    Is there a way to delete them from the list ?

    Many thanks,

    Michael

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: edit task pane - open a doc

    Excel will push them off in time on its own but they are stored in the
    registry under:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files

    Adjust the "11.0" for your version of Excel.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael Redbourn
    Guest

    Re: edit task pane - open a doc

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:17:12 -0500, "Jim Rech" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Excel will push them off in time on its own but they are stored in the
    >registry under:
    >
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files
    >
    >Adjust the "11.0" for your version of Excel.

    thanks for the help - this issue is not a 'big' thing but just an
    irritation to click on things that no longer exist. In future I shall
    give very different file names.

    I deleted the entries from the registry with Excel open and they got
    added back into the registry when I closed Excel. With Excel closed
    they were not there when I re-opened it. I have really been able to
    check out if this is the reason but it would appear so.

    regards,

    Mike