R1C1 Reference Style won't STAY gone?

  1. #1

    R1C1 Reference Style won't STAY gone?

    Ok, now upon obtaining a spreadsheet from a client months ago, Excel changed my reference style to R1C1. I have changed it back several times using the Options/General/and unchecking the R1C1 box, however, every time I reboot my computer, Excel reverts back to the R1C1 style just as if it had never been changed.

    Any help would be MUCH appreciated as this is getting to be very annoying.

    Thank you!

    Khrystle.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: R1C1 Reference Style won't STAY gone?

    Do you have a default book, Book.xlt, that has that style? Book.xlt will
    reside in the XLStart directory if you have one.

    Bob Phillips

    "khrystle" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for responding, Bob.

    No, I have searched even hidden and system files and did not find any default book like you mention. Also I checked in the XLStart directory and it is totally empty.

    I'm really stumped here.

    Any other ideas? Is there somewhere in a .dll that this can be changed manually?

    Thanks!

    Khrystle.

  4. #4
    Michael
    Guest

    Re: R1C1 Reference Style won't STAY gone?

    khrystle, why not create your own book.xlt, mentioned by Bob Phillips, with
    R1C1 unchecked, and store it in the XLStart directory?
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  5. #5
    Thank you, Michael!!!

    That worked perfectly (after I installed it in all three XLStart directories on the hard drive!).

    Thank you so much!

    Khrystle.

  6. #6
    Michael
    Guest

    Re: R1C1 Reference Style won't STAY gone?

    Your very welcome, Khrystle. Thanks for the feedback.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin