conditional formatting??

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    conditional formatting??

    I'm using excel97 which only allows 3 conditional formatting. I need a fourth
    one! Can someone see if these can be reworded to allow for a fourth
    condition? Need all results to be in "red"
    Cell Value is: Equal to = "Red's Gym"
    Cell Value is: Equal to = "Net Zero"
    Cell Value is: Equal to = "Solstice"
    Cell Value is: Equal to = "Nymedia"
    Thanks in advance!!!

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    Hi!

    That's only one condition.
    Select Formula is:
    Enter this formula (use the appropriate cell reference)

    =OR(A1={"Red's Gym","Net Zero","Solstice","Nymedia"})

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: conditional formatting??

    You can accomplish this with only one condition. Create a table listing the
    four values that you want highlighted, say in IV2:IV5. Then create a
    conditional format. With the drop-downs, make the condition 'Formula Is' and
    enter the formula =not(isna(match(A1,$IV$2:$IV$4,false))), then set the
    format you want. (Replace A1 with the cell in which you've entered the value
    to test).
    HTH. --Bruce

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    One way:

    CF1: =OR(A1="Red's Gym",A1="Net Zero",A1="Solstice",A1="Nymedia")
    Format1: Font/<red>

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    Hmmm, I get the "can't use array constants in a conditional format"
    error...

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    Note: use the "Formula is" dropdown in CF1.

  7. #7
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    Ooops!

    I forgot......cf formulas can't contain array constants!

    No problemo!

    Goto Insert>Name>Define
    Name: Names
    Refers to: ={"Red's Gym","Net Zero","Solstice","Nymedia"}
    OK

    Conditional Formatting
    Formula is: =OR(A1=Names)

    Biff

    news:%[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting??

    Yeah, I caught it!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: conditional formatting??

    There is really only one condition:

    =(A1="Nymedia")+(A1="Net Zero")+(A1="Solstice")+(A1="Red's Gym")>0
    --
    Gary's Student