Sharing template over network?

  1. #1
    Frank Marousek
    Guest

    Sharing template over network?

    I would like to create and store some templates on a network and have all
    users be able to access them.

    Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about it?

    Thanks
    Frank

  2. #2

    Re: Sharing template over network?

    Create your templates in that nice dedicated shared drive/folder.

    Then have each user open MSWord.
    Tools|options|file location tab
    Have them change their workgroup templates location to point at your location.

    (I think I'd try to use the UNC path instead of the mapped drive letter--but
    that's just for consistency.)

    Excel respects that setting, but doesn't give you a way to get to it directly.