removing duplicate rows

  1. #1

    removing duplicate rows

    Ho do I remove duplicate rows in excel yet still keep a row but not the duplicates.

  2. #2
    Ken Hudson
    Guest

    RE: removing duplicate rows

    Which column(s) are you comparing to identify duplicates? If A1 = A2, are
    rows one and two duplicates? Or A1 & B1 = A2 & B2? Or A1 & B1 &C1 = A2 & B2 &
    C2?
    Do you have a header row?
    --
    Ken Hudson

  3. #3
    If in a row all cells match another row it would be a duplicate. Even the header row is duplicated. A1 & B1 &C1... = A2 & B2 & C2... 150 cells per row

  4. #4
    Ken Hudson
    Guest

    Re: removing duplicate rows

    Checking for an entire duplicate row is beyond my ability.
    If we can check the first several columns in one row against several columns
    in another row, we can easily delete duplicates. Might this work?
    --
    Ken Hudson