How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

  1. #1
    Marjon
    Guest

    How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

    I was using excel and tried centering the name of my table across a selected
    amount of rows, which normally works but it just would not centre properly.
    Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I went into cell
    format, then text alignment, chose Horizontal and clicked on centre across
    selection but it just won't centre properly.

    Would really like your help in solving this problem.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

    Check if any of the cells in your selected range contain some entry. Even a
    space or an empty string will completely foul up that feature

  3. #3

    Re: How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

    Sometimes, I'll have this problem when I've inserted more columns to the
    right/left of the original range.

    I cheat and put something in those surrounding cells.

    And then center across selection seems to work.

    If I recall correctly, sometimes I've deleted that row and just started from
    scratch.

  4. #4
    Carole Drake
    Guest

    Re: How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

    I do a 'merge and center'. Is this what you are talking about?

  5. #5

    Re: How do I get "centre across selection" to centre properly?

    I would guess that the OP was talking about
    format|cells|alignment tab|horizontal dropdown
    center across selection.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    I have found that sometimes if I select the a column and try to center - if there are some cells which are left, right or already centered the column WILL NOT change until I select the LEFT, RIGHT or CENTER a second time.