Find which cell is linked to another workbook

  1. #1
    Pat van Aalst
    Guest

    Find which cell is linked to another workbook

    I have a workbook (actually a few!) that contain links to other workbooks
    that I know it shouldn't. I've tried using 'find' to locate the cells which
    contain these filenames in but it comes back 'text not found'. I can't find
    any hidden cells either.

    These workbooks do contain other links that should be there, I suspect that
    these links have found their way into the workbook by being copied and pasted
    from another workbook.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find these stray links?

    Thanks
    Pat

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Find which cell is linked to another workbook

    hi,
    try this keyboard thing.

    ctrl + ~

    This will take you to formula edit mode and show all forumlas (and Links) as
    they appear in the formula bar. It will show all data too but the links and
    formulas will have an equal sign in front of it.

    Press ctrl + ~ again to get out of edit mode.

    regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,481

    Smile

    Re: Orphaned Links -- HELP!
    When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

    Search the forum, chances are the question has been asked before,

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Find which cell is linked to another workbook

    Check out the FindLink Add-in by Bill Manville....

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp/

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3