need help with formula...please

  1. #1

    need help with formula...please

    okay i'm going to figure out how to attatch something ...okay cool did it, so here is my problem, i need to add up all the amounts that are designated credit card. i have NO idea why it isn't labeled F but whatever....anyways i tried using the help function and doing it myself but that of course didn't work. and i have since deleted it like a moron so i can't even show you what i had. any help will be appreciated.
    thanks

  2. #2
    John Crosher
    Guest

    RE: need help with formula...please

    You need to be a bit more specific about what you are trying to do. But try
    the SUMIF() formula.

  3. #3

    okay i tried something

    okay, i tried this: SUM(D2:D46 IF (F='credit card')) but it didn't work, which is what i was expecting. but that is basically what i want it to do. i just can't make it do that.
    thanks again

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: need help with formula...please

    =SUMIF(F:F,"credit card",D;D)

    or

    =SUMIF(F2:F46,"credit card", D2:D46)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Thank You

    okay you rule, that did it. i appreciate the help very very much
    later all... for now