Combine Sheet Data

  1. #1
    JR
    Guest

    Combine Sheet Data

    Hello,
    Need help with a macro. I have a work book with two sheets. Both sheets have
    the same layout and are sorted by column A, by part number. The only main
    difference is sheet two has one extra column which is a UPC code. I need to
    be able to take this column and add it to sheet one and match to the same
    item number in column A. I need it to post to sheet one, column G. UPC code
    on sheet two is in column H.

    Thanks for the help
    JR

  2. #2

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    You could avoid a macro and just use a formula:

    =vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:h,8,0)
    or if there's a chance for no matching item number:
    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:H,8,0)),"Missing",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:H,8,0))

  3. #3
    JR
    Guest

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    Hello,
    Thank you for the advice. I have never setup vlookup? Is this inserted in
    the cell?

    Thanks JR

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JR
    Guest

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    Hello,
    I inserted =vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:h,8,0) in colum H of sheet one, but it does
    not want to pull info from sheet 2 column H?

    Thanks JR

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    Is your "Sheet2" actually named "Sheet2" on the tab? That formula will work
    with only a sheet that is named "Sheet2". HTH Otto

  6. #6
    JR
    Guest

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    Hello,
    Yes, Sheet1 is Sheet1 and Sheet2 is Sheet2. If I am correct, this formula is
    inserted into sheet1, column H1 and copied down, correct?

    Thanks JR

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7

    Re: Combine Sheet Data

    You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())

    This formula looks for a match between A1 of the current sheet and column A of
    Sheet2.

    If there is no match, then you get an error message.

    If Otto's suggestion doesn't help, you may want to post more details.

    The name of the worksheet with the table and the cell's address that will
    contain the formula and what cell's address to match up.