smart tags

  1. #1
    scubagal
    Guest

    smart tags

    I would like to create hidden comments that can be viewed when clicking on a
    smart tag. Does anyone know how to do that?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: smart tags

    There are several ways that "hidden comments" can be viewed on demand in
    Excel.......one of which being the standard Comment Box which pops up when
    it's cell is moused over......could you be a little more descriptive of your
    needs.....how many comments?....how big, a sentence or a page or more?....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    scubagal
    Guest

    Re: smart tags

    Chuck,

    Thank you for responding to my question. I would like a 'smart tag'
    rectangle to appear in one of the corners of the cell, which would give the
    reader the choice of reading the comment or ignoring it. The comments will be
    approximately 2 to 3 simple sentences.

    Jillian

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: smart tags

    Well, of course you realize this is not the sort of thing that Excel usually
    does.....the regular comment Cob\xes usually suffice for things like
    this.....but it is possible to put a small rectangle in certain cells by
    using the Drawing Toolbar to create them. and those cells can be copy and
    pasted to make many more cells with rectangles in them......then a macro can
    be assigned to each.....those macros can be made to pop up a "Message box"
    or even a whole new sheet is necessary......Right-cick on a rectangel and
    AssignMacro to tie the macro to the rectangle....

    Here is some basic code that will use a Message Box.....if goes in a regular
    module

    Sub commentPOPup()
    MsgBox "This is the message that Jillian wants to pop up."
    End Sub

    Post back if you need more help....

  5. #5
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: smart tags

    Paste the following into your Worksheet's code.
    Get back to your worksheet and double-click on cell $A$1

    AP

    '----------------------------------------------------
    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick( _
    ByVal Target As Range, _
    Cancel As Boolean)

    Const MyCellAddr = "$A$1"
    Dim c As Comment

    If Target.Address <> MyCellAddr Then Exit Sub
    For Each c In Comments
    c.Visible = Not c.Visible
    Next c
    Cancel = True