Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

  1. #1
    excelSOS
    Guest

    Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

    Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for example
    1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
    need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

    Left-click on a blank, unused cell somewhere off screen and then left click
    on the PaintBrush icon in the tool bar, then Left-click on the cell that's
    giving you trouble.......that should clear it and return the cell format to
    general.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Richard O. Neville
    Guest

    Re: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

    Select Format-Cells and determine the formatting of the cells in which you
    are entering your numbers. It will probably say Date, "x/x/xxxx". Just
    change the formatting to whatever you need, such as "General."

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    The other option is what is your date seperator in windows, is it a comma, change it to a / and your problems may disappear!

    Regards

    Dav

  5. #5
    Sloth
    Guest

    Re: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and ti

    how do you do that?

  6. #6
    excelSOS
    Guest

    Re: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and ti

    Hello,, It doesnt workk,, I am going crazy.. I did what you wrote but it
    doesnt work.. Please help me out!!

    Rgds

  7. #7
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

    You might check Tools > Autocorrect, and look to see if you have an entry to
    replace the period with a slash.......if so, just highlight it and
    Delete......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  8. #8
    boxesss
    Guest

    RE: Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

    I would say, go into formatting and select text. Hope this helps.