1 Cell 2 Values?

  1. #1
    Shhhh
    Guest

    1 Cell 2 Values?

    Hello All,

    Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
    by a comma and spaces?

    For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was
    positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want
    it to show

    A1: +, -

    Is this possible?
    Thanks to all,
    Shhhh

  2. #2
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    Shhhh wrote...
    >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated
    >by a comma and spaces?
    >
    >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was
    >positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want
    >it to show
    >
    >A1: +, -
    >
    >Is this possible?

    As text, yes.

    =COUNTIF(MonthRange,">0")&","&COUNTIF(MonthRange,"<0")

    What about times in the month when the value was zero?

  3. #3
    Shhhh
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    Harlan,

    Thanks for your reply... the days that are 0 I want it to ignore. is that
    going to complicate things?

    Thanks again,
    Shhhh

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    L. Howard Kittle
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    HI Shhhh,

    =(COUNTIF(A1:A20,"<0"))&"- "&(COUNTIF(A1:A20,">0"))&"+"

    This ignores 0's.

    Howard

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Shhhh
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    Thank you all so very much! This group is amazing!

    Shhhh

  6. #6
    Shhhh
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    Hello All,

    I'm now working on another section of this same sheet, my question is
    related to ths one... is it possible to have one number remain formatted as
    a number while the second number is formatted as currency?

    I've tried, haven't been able to come up with anything... any thoughts?

    Thank you,
    Shhhh

  7. #7
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: 1 Cell 2 Values?

    Shhhh wrote...
    >I'm now working on another section of this same sheet, my question is
    >related to ths one... is it possible to have one number remain formatted as
    >a number while the second number is formatted as currency?
    >
    >I've tried, haven't been able to come up with anything... any thoughts?

    You could use a formula like =TEXT(x,"General")&",
    "&TEXT(y,"$#,##0.00"), but what you seem to want to do leads to more
    problems than it solves. Is there any good reason you're not using two
    cells with each number in a separate cell?