Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all others

  1. #1
    pattyh
    Guest

    Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all others

    I have a worksheet with several pages, I want users to put comsumer name on
    first page and have it automatically entered to all following pages in the
    same cells.

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all others

    I think we may have a terminology problem here. If you have one worksheet,
    which requires more than one page when printed, its easy. If you want to
    print the same name on each page, then enter the name in say A1, and have row
    1 repeat at the top of each page. To do that, click on File|Page Setup,
    click on the sheet tab, and select row 1. If you have one workbook with
    several sheets, its a different story.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all others

    patty

    What do you consider a "page" to be?

    In Excel terms a page usually means a printed page.

    This page can be one of many from a single worksheet or one of many from
    multiple worksheets.

    See help on "linking" and perhaps it will become clear on how to add data to a
    cell and have it replicated to other cells at the same time.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  4. #4
    pattyh
    Guest

    Re: Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all oth

    I have one report with several pages, each of which need to have the name
    entered at the top of each page, wanted to save workers the trouble of
    putting it in each time they come to the top of the next page.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Enter name on 1st worksheet and have it auto. enter on all oth

    patty

    File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to repeat at top is probably your best best.

    Gord

    On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:11:28 -0800, pattyh <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have one report with several pages, each of which need to have the name
    >entered at the top of each page, wanted to save workers the trouble of
    >putting it in each time they come to the top of the next page.
    >
    >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
    >
    >> patty
    >>
    >> What do you consider a "page" to be?
    >>
    >> In Excel terms a page usually means a printed page.
    >>
    >> This page can be one of many from a single worksheet or one of many from
    >> multiple worksheets.
    >>
    >> See help on "linking" and perhaps it will become clear on how to add data to a
    >> cell and have it replicated to other cells at the same time.
    >>

    >> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:00:34 -0800, pattyh <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a worksheet with several pages, I want users to put comsumer name on
    >> >first page and have it automatically entered to all following pages in the
    >> >same cells.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP