Unwanted Formatting

  1. #1

    Unwanted Formatting

    Hi,
    Whenever I open either a new or existing spreadsheet and attempt to
    data entry, all the cells format to 2 decimal places. I right click and
    attempt to change the format to General Number, and even though it
    appears that I changed it in the Format menu, the same problem occurs.
    My entry of
    "456" becomes "4.56" and "1" becomes ".01", etc. I've reinstalled
    Excel twice to no avail,
    and even reinstalled Office in its entirety. Does anyone have an idea
    what the prob is?
    Thanks,
    Daryl

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Unwanted Formatting

    Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck Fixed decimal

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...