Copying formulas for multiple tabs

  1. #1
    Peter
    Guest

    Copying formulas for multiple tabs

    Hello All

    I have a workbook that contains about 240 worksheets and a summary worksheet
    and I need to copy over totals from each of the individual worksheets into
    the summary sheet. For example I need to use cell B1 for each of the sheets
    and enter it into column 2 of the summary sheet (this would go down 240 rows,
    one for each worksheet). Instead of having to write a formula for each of the
    240 rows, is there a way I could enter the formula for the first few rows and
    copy (or drag) the formula down for the rest of the rows where the tab number
    will change automatically?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Copying formulas for multiple tabs

    Hi Peter

    If you sheet names are sheet1,sheet2..... sheet30
    Then copy this formula in A1 and copy down

    =INDIRECT("'Sheet" & ROW()&"'!B1")

    You can also do it with a macro
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Peter
    Guest

    Re: Copying formulas for multiple tabs

    Thanks for the help, however I think my explanation of what I needed was
    confusing, let me clear it up.

    Example: If you enter 1 in a row, then enter 2 below it, and finally enter 3
    below that you can drag the string of numbers down and it will automatically
    increase to 4,5,6, etc.

    My tabs are named as numbers 1,2,3, etc. I need to take cell B1 from each
    tab into the summary sheet. Here is the original formula that is not working:
    ='1'!$B$1

    B1 is always the cell which is right, but I need the tab to increase
    automatically when I drag it down.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Copying formulas for multiple tabs

    Remove Sheet

    Copy this in the first row of your sheet and copy down

    =INDIRECT( "'" & ROW()&"'!B1")

  5. #5
    Peter
    Guest