combining data from several excel files into one file

  1. #1
    bobman
    Guest

    combining data from several excel files into one file

    I have several excel files (not worksheets within one file) that I want to
    combine into one excel file. In other words, I want to combine file1.xls,
    file2.xls, file3.xls, etc and put all of the data from all three of those
    files into one excel file. The data in each individual file is of the same
    information, so this should be done without any problems. How do I combine
    the individual files into one excel file?

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: combining data from several excel files into one file

    If not too many, open each, copy and paste is simplest.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: combining data from several excel files into one file

    Are you trying to take worksheets from file1.xls into a new workbook,
    then copy the worksheets from file2.xls into the new workbook renaming any worksheet
    that has the same name as a sheet already in the file, and the same for the rest of the files.

    Are the files in the same directory or are you going to feed in the names.

    I would try a google (web) search: excel combine workbooks sub directory

    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=773
    appears to adding all of the rows from all of the sheets of al the workbooks in a directory
    into one worksheet. (same file structure, columns, headings, etc.)

    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=829

    Copies all the worksheets from all the workbooks in one folder into the active workbook.

    (I expect this is what you are looking for, don't know what you get for sheet names, possibly

    numbered copies sheet2 (3)

    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: combining data from several excel files into one file

    Hi bobman

    Look here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --