Protecting Sheets

  1. #1
    albertmb
    Guest

    Protecting Sheets

    Hi Everyone,

    I have a 250 sheet project. To protect formulas I have to protect the
    sheet, is there a possibility of protecting all sheets in one go, rather than
    protecting sheets one at a time?

    Thank for anyone who can help me

  2. #2

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Maybe you can use a macro:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Dim myPwd As String
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    myPwd = "hithere"
    For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
    wks.Protect Password:=myPwd
    Next wks
    End Sub

  3. #3
    albertmb
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Dear Dave,

    Thank you for your help, but I do not have a clue of how to use Macros.
    Even though I do a lot of work with Excel what I have learned is by trial and
    error, I never studied excel, I might get there if maybe you can explain to
    me how to use this macro.

    Thank you once again for your time

    Regards

    Albert

  4. #4

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    You may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:

  5. #5
    albertmb
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Dear Dave,

    Thanks once again, I will do my best to study, even though not easy at my age

    Regards

  6. #6
    albertmb
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Dear Dave,

    I have another problem, wonder if you could help me. As you know I have 250
    sheets in my project. I need to creat a report sheet getting information
    from the same cell in all sheets, EX: Sheet1, cell A1 = Sheet2, cell $A$1
    Sheet1, cell A2 = Sheet3, cell $A$1
    With the 'Fill Down' command I get the exact same formula in all cells, if I
    remove the dollar sign I get the cells to increase by one, is there a system
    to get the sheets to increase by one? As it is I have to change the sheet
    number manually.

    Thanks again

    Albert

  7. #7
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Try in A1
    =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()+1&"$A$1")
    then copy down

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    albertmb
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Sheets

    Dear Ardus,
    Thank you ever so much, it worked briliantley, just needed a little
    modification
    =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()+1&"!$A$1") as you can see an exclamation mark
    before the cell number and apart from that you do not need the dollar sign it
    will not cahnge in fill down.

    Thanks once again

    Regards
    Albert