how do i set up a link between one excel cell from an access cell

  1. #1
    Joy A.
    Guest

    how do i set up a link between one excel cell from an access cell

    i have an access database with employee information including salaries. I
    want to link the salary into an excel spreadsheet to budget for the upcoming
    year. I want to link these cells so that any change in the database will
    automatically change in excel. this has proved hard as the links are always
    by a set of data, not individual cells. Does anyone have any solutions.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how do i set up a link between one excel cell from an access cell

    If you want to link multiple cells, let's say A2:B40, first select A2:B40,
    then copy (ctrl + C)
    now select where you want the link(s), do edit>paste special and click the
    paste link (lower left of the window)

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com