How to delete HTML from spreadsheet ?

  1. #1
    Will
    Guest

    How to delete HTML from spreadsheet ?

    someone has given me a spread sheet that has HTML in it...

    It was a web page table... and created by right clicking on the web page and
    choosing view source... then saving the notepad file as an xls file.

    I want to get rid of all the html so we just have the table data saved as a
    normal spreadsheet.

    thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to delete HTML from spreadsheet ?

    You can import tables from webpages using data>import external data>new web
    query
    using notepad is not a good way to go
    If the table you have looks ok can't you just select the table and copy to
    a new sheet?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bruce Sinclair

    In article <[email protected]>, "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@^^nwexcelsolutions.com> wrote:
    >You can import tables from webpages using data>import external data>new web
    >query
    >using notepad is not a good way to go
    >If the table you have looks ok can't you just select the table and copy to
    >a new sheet?

    Not sure exactly what they are wanting to do, but if you copy something
    containing html, you can 'paste special'/'text' to leave only the data.

    Bruce

    (if there were any)