My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

  1. #1
    Mstink
    Guest

    My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    I just had my computer worked on for some bugs. When I rec'd it back I no
    longer have the option to send an excel worksheet to a receiptent as an
    attachment. Used to do it from excel. My co-worker also had his worked on
    and has the same problem. Are we missing something or where did it go. Can
    we get it back....
    Have XP Professional, Office 2003, Updated to XPSP 2,
    use outlook express as our mail
    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Hi Mstink. Is it that the mail to icon is missing from the standard toolbar?
    I have Excel 2003 and was able to go to Tools>Customize>Commands Tab>File
    and scroll down to Mail To Recipient (As Attachment) and place it on the
    toolbar.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  3. #3
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Thank you thank you thank you....I looked and looked for that feature to no
    avail. Knew it had to be there jjust didn't look in the right place. You
    are the hero of the day....--
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  4. #4
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Well, I found it did what you said but it is shaded and will not work when I
    click on it to send the document. This is such a pain I don't understand why
    it disappered to begin with when they worked on my computer...any ideas...

    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  5. #5
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    sorry don't mean to keep bothering you but I can see it with the other send
    to options....but, it is grayed out where you can not use it. Now is it
    possible we are missing something in our system files? Or a setting is not
    ticked somewhere. I know there is a logical answer just not that good to
    figure out this type of stuff...
    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  6. #6
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Your very welcome. Thank you for the nice feedback.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  7. #7
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Sorry about that, Mstink. I did a search on "mail to recipient" and found
    this site thanks to Peo Sjoblom: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm.
    Hopefully, something here might help.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  8. #8
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    thanks somuch for this site...I followed the insturctions for adding to the
    regedit and it now works. So, for some reason we were missing somethings.
    Not sure why but all is well now. Thanks for all the help as I had been the
    last few days trying to find the answer myself but wasn't typing in the right
    words I guess.
    for now so long.....thanks to all the great people who help with this stuff.
    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  9. #9
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    Your welcome Mstink. Try using the "search for" dialog box to see if your
    question has already been answered in another post. It really works well.
    Good luck with Excel. I learn something new every day in these sessions.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  10. #10
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    I did do that....several times but what I was looking for never came up.
    That is why I finally asked. When you say sessions do you just read for fun
    or is this part of something you do as a hobby. Guess I need to begin a new
    hobby. Anything to learn more about how all this works and to be able to
    help others around the office with gliches.
    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr

  11. #11
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    I work in an office also. Quite often things get slow - all the required
    work is done - so in free time I visit this forum. I take a look every day,
    and, on rare occasions, am able to provide some assistance. It makes me feel
    good and I like being associated with Excel users.
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  12. #12
    Mstink
    Guest

    RE: My send to in excel/word does not offer send as attachment

    You go guy.....what a terrific idea. Think I will start visitng forums on a
    daily basis. I know when I need to try and fix something I look for good
    forums and have never been disappointed. If I could be whatever I wanted
    think it would be able to stay at home (with lots of loot in the bank) and
    just hang out at forumns to learn and to help others.
    Have a terrific rest of the week and I myself consider you one of the Excel
    guys.
    --
    thanks for the hlep
    Mr