Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent)

  1. #1
    Evgeny
    Guest

    Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent)

    Hello,

    I wonder if there is an easy way to find the first value in a row and put it
    in column 1, the second value in that row will go to column 2, etc.
    Example:
    A B C D E... K L M N O P Q R S T V etc

    3 5 2 4 8 3 5 2 4 8
    5 4 8
    5 4 8
    6 8 2 1 9 6 8 2 1 9

    Thank you very much,

    Evgeny

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent)

    Select the first cell in the row. While hold down the shift key, touch
    end,right-arrow,left arrow and then release the shift key.

    The pull-down:
    Edit > Delete... > Shift cells left
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Evgeny
    Guest

    RE: Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent

    Thanks, Gary

    But I have 756 rows and 150 columns. I cannot do it manually every time. The
    data is inputted from other sheets and I need the values to be organized in
    first 18 columns for a report.
    So, I need the values from rows to be shifted left, one after another,
    dynamically (I will just paste values in, let's say, column GY, and if this
    is the first value, it needs to be in column A, if it's 2nd value in row - it
    goes to column B)

    I appreciate your help,

    Evgeny

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent

    You need a macro. Enter this:

    Sub Macro1()
    For i = 1 To 10
    Cells(i, 1).Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
    Selection.Resize(1, Selection.Columns.Count - 1).Select
    If Selection.Count < 255 Then
    Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    As coded it works on the first 10 rows. You can modify the FOR loop to
    cover any rows you wish.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Evgeny
    Guest

    RE: Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent

    Thanks a lot!

    It works great!

    Evgeny

  6. #6
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Find first value in row + add following values (Please, Urgent

    You are very welcome
    --
    Gary's Student